At the start of the year 2 things perked my curiosity and was on my mind. Then there was 1 thing that kept me grounded.
Those 2 things? It is a leap year and what will happen this year. Without realizing, the tsunami had already started and this time the wave was about to hit the entire world. Was I prepared for this. At first no, but once the waves started coming in my direction I realize that I had to respond with what I have. Like so many we often default to protecting ourselves and saving our own lives not stopping to think about others.
The waves are still hitting and it will be long after before we see the seas calming. While we go through all this, it has helped me to realize the real value of the people in our lives. This morning I connected with the Released Expressions Team and then a couple individuals. The flood of inspiration was just phenomenal. When we surround ourselves with quality people, extraordinary things happen.
Following these meetings, I decided to share a couple thoughts for us to consider. The thoughts share are my own and are in no particular order. You are not compelled to agree or disagree. Simply in return share your thoughts.
1. Find your own voice and share YOUR thoughts
2. Listen and be attentive
3. Physical Distance might be necessary but remember we are social beings
4. Victims need help so do offenders. Hurting people hurt people.
5. We are all in this together. Recognize the other person.
6. What you don’t know can create anxiety. What you know will create hope and dispel fear. Choose.
7. Introverts and extroverts deal with social connections differently.
8. Prolong Isolation is never a healthy thing.
9. In everything give thanks. #1T518
10. Rejoice always
11. Pray continually
12. Silence is a period to listen
13. Grow during time of adversity. It is the struggle that builds muscles.
14. Be quick to listen, slow to speak.
15. Guard what you listen to.
16. Our words can give life or death. #SpeakLife
17. There will be a day when you will share your story
18. The pass was yesterday. Remember the lesson and share the story. Just don’t repeat the actions.
19. Going through means going. If you find yourself stopping call for help. If you are slowing down, tell someone else.
20. Mental health is more important than physical health.
21. Prepare today for what you will place on the table tomorrow.
I hope one of these 21 thoughts resonates with you. You can note one and expound on it but please share yours and let’s spread some good cheers.
Bonus. There is enough bad news in the media. If we all stop listening to it can you imagine what would change?
By the way, the 1 thing that keeps me calm? Next Thursday I will share that with you here and on our LinkedIn page.
O. Stephen is passionate about words and believes that words can Inspire Change, Connect People, Perspectives and their Stories to create new possibilities. A published author and founder for Released Expressions Publishing, he writes daily to experience the power of the written word. He fosters growth through listening and learning to shape perspectives and bridging ideas.
He believes every individual can attain their full potential by Starting with a Word. O. Stephen is leading a movement to inspire people to Release their own Expressions. It is this vision that drives him daily to see others realize their superpower and deliver at work, home and play every day.
An avid Toastmaster and a member of the Toronto Writer’s Collective (TWC), O. Stephen carries his badge as a Mental Health Advocate. These offer him the motivation to stay grounded and be committed to serving the community. He is a dad to two (2) amazing girls. He is driven each day to live a life of gratitude and that’s just how he seeks to end each chapter. #1T518
Connect with an adaptability coach where we help you make your mark, find your voice, live your purpose and be YOU.
#releasedexpressions #definingmoments #startingoverisnotimpossible #startwithaword #speaklife #adaptabilitycoach #masterpiece #wonderfullymade
Coming to a screen near you #thelastwrite Ask about it here..